Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Phone Calls - no REAL progress

Today, I ordered the lumber from National Home Centers. Tomorrow, a big truck, hopefully with a big forklift will pull in my driveway and deliver all the wood needed to build the floor and walls of the studio. National Home Center beat the price from Ridout by $300, and that sealed the deal. Also, NHC called me back after I faxed in the materials list within 10 minutes. Ridout took several hours to get back with me.

I also called the termite guy to come out and treat the new building before any wood goes in. That should be much more affordable and effective than having to treat the building after the fact as we had to do with our house a couple months ago. We noticed termites in our den, eating through our backdrops, and before we knew it, we were finding them up in the walls, behind the paneling. $700 later, we were treated for termites...now we have a ton of dead termites laying in the frame of our sliding glass door in the den. I'm just happy they're dead.

No comments: